Question: MorpheusX, Extreme Styles MOD and Attachment MOD

Support for phpBB mods/hacks.

Moderator: Moderators

Question: MorpheusX, Extreme Styles MOD and Attachment MOD

Postby Illuminary on Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:23 pm

Will the attachment MOD work in conjunction with my MorpheusX Theme and extreme style MOD?

Because I have just opened the file and it has "subsilver" files in Attachment MOD and I will not be using that style on my forum.

I also heard there might be extra steps for MorpheusX and Attachment MOD combo.

I really need and would like to use the MOD but I ain't going to do it if it's going to screw up my current forum and sweet style I got going on and as well as waste my time so anyone that knows the answer to this question will be a big help.

Thanks
Illuminary

Postby pentapenguin on Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:46 pm

Hi and welcome.

Any MOD will work with any style -- it's just that you have to change the style to work with the MOD. As for MorpheusX it's different from subSilver so you'll have to manually change the style to add Attachment MOD support.
pentapenguin

Postby Illuminary on Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:50 pm

What does

[quote user="pentapenguin" post="89919"]so you'll have to manually change the style to add Attachment MOD support.[/quote]
exactly mean... I don't know how to do that
Illuminary

Postby UseLess on Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:03 am

Greetings,

Basically it means when asked to open a 'subSilver' template file in the installation instructions you'd substitute 'subSilver' with the name of the style your actually using.

i.e.

Open: templates/subSilver/index_body.tpl

would be if your using the Aphrodite style;

Open: templates/ca_aphrodite/index_body.tpl

THEN you'll be asking why you cannot find the code your asked to find in the 'FIND', well simply put;

The install instructions for EVERY mod support ONLY the default style supplied with phpBB which is 'subSilver'. After all how on earth is a mod author to know what style YOU are using. But then WHY does a style author have to conform to the 'subSilver' standard?

Therefore unless your willing to learn HTML, xhtml, CSS and a smattering of Javascript then you are going to have problems installing mods to non 'subSilver' based styles.

Oh! and Morpheus, MorpheusX, Aphrodite are a few of the non 'subSilver' based styles that are available for phpBB 2

Edit: And you have read this: viewtopic.php?t=2085 haven't you?
Movie Quote:
It's not the years honey, it's the mileage...

I do not provide any install services for phpBB, Mods or Styles.
Please do not pm me for support/scripting help - you won't get any reply. If you have a question then make a post in the appropriate forum.
UseLess

Postby UseLess on Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:09 am

Greetings,

And to answer your original question...

MorpheusX won't work correctly without XS Mod for a start but both will work fine with the Attachment mod... once you've sorted out the template issues... ;) or done a little searching or reading on this forum... ;)
Movie Quote:
It's not the years honey, it's the mileage...

I do not provide any install services for phpBB, Mods or Styles.
Please do not pm me for support/scripting help - you won't get any reply. If you have a question then make a post in the appropriate forum.
UseLess

Postby Illuminary on Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:32 am

I cannot do this..

I will pay you $35 to do it... shouldn't take you more than an hour... how does this sound?

Steve
Illuminary

Return to phpBB Mods