cache error after installing XS Mod, please help!

Tutorials for <a href="http://www.phpbbstyles.com/viewtopic.php?t=356">eXtreme Styles mod</a> for phpBB 2.0.

Moderator: Moderators

cache error after installing XS Mod, please help!

Postby Juice on Fri May 18, 2007 6:24 pm

I installed XS Mod and now when I go to view a thread I get the following error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/content/mysite/html/forum/cache/tpl_Morpheus.viewtopic_body.php on line 270

I looked at the veiwtopic_body file and do not see anything that I changed with another mod. I also checked to make sure that all the <begin.....> and <end....> were there, and they were. I also set permissions on the cache folder to 777. I did not have to create that folder when installing because it was already there. After the mod and trying to load the page I checked the cache folder and there was nothing new in it. I am wondering if the error is basically telling me that it could not create the cache files needed.

I really liked the little bit of the mod I was able to see before moving it back to how it was. Can anyone help me figure out what is causing this so I can use the mod?

Thanks in advance!
Juice

Postby Juice on Fri May 18, 2007 7:30 pm

UPDATE:

I installed the mod again and had the same problem. So, I went into the admin panel and turned off the cache feature. I then tried to view a thread again and got a different error. So apparently it is not only a cache error.

The error I am getting with the cache turned off is:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /hone/content/mysite/html/forum/includes/template.php(929) : eval()'d code on line 266

From what I have read an eval()'d code error has to do with the <Begin> and <End> tags. The file I am getting the error on is the template.php file that is untouched from the mod I am installing.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks again!
Juice

Postby pentapenguin on Sat May 19, 2007 5:39 am

The error message is a bit confusing. You're right -- it's probably a problem with unmatched <!-- BEGIN --> and <!-- END --> tags. Check your actual .tpl files you changed. Despite the error, the problem isn't in template.php
pentapenguin

Return to eXtreme Styles mod tutorials