Installing styles in .style format

Tutorials for <a href="http://www.phpbbstyles.com/viewtopic.php?t=356">eXtreme Styles mod</a> for phpBB 2.0.

Moderator: Moderators

Installing styles in .style format

Postby PostBot on Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:37 pm

This tutorial explains how to install style in .style format.

Limitations of .style format: to import style in .style format your host must support ftp extensions so extreme styles mod would be able to upload files. If your host does not support it then you should chmod directory "templates" to 777 so directory would be writable (but it will work only if safe mode is disabled).

To install style in .style format login as administrator, go to admin control panel. In eXtreme Styles mod menu choose "import styles" function (you might need to click "styles management" to see that function).

There are several ways to upload .style file on server. You can upload it with ftp to directory "cache" and it will automatically appear in list of files in import styles menu. Or you can tell eXtreme styles mod to download it from web or from your computer. Ether way you should upload .style file.

If you are having problems uploading style from web then probably your host doesn't support sockets or has some kind of server configuration problems. In that case try to upload style from your computer. If that fails too then upload file with ftp to directory "cache".

Then you need to install style. If you have uploaded style from computer or from web you'll see menu that has link to immediately import style. Click that link. If you have uploaded .style file with ftp then you should see style in "import styles" menu in files list. Click "import" button for that .style file.

You will see menu that will list all styles that are available in .style file. Select ones that you want to install. Then click "import" button.

Then you will see menu where you should enter ftp settings for your server. If you are importing style for the first time those settings will most likely be empty. eXtreme Styles mod tries to detect correct ftp settings and if mod managed to detect settings you will see links "set host", "set path", etc... click those links and then recheck settings to make sure everything is correct. Enter your ftp password and click "submit" button. If you have option "upload with local file system" then you can use that option too, but that option is available only if directory "templates" was correctly chmodded.

After uploading style mod will automatically install it. That's all.

The last thing you can do is change default style. To change default style go to extreme styles mod main menu and choose "default style" menu item and then select default style.
Do NOT pm me, I don't visit this forum anymore, don't own it, don't provide any support and don't moderate.
PostBot

Styles in .style format

Postby Krisiun on Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:32 pm

Where I will found styles in .style format??
[span style="color: red; font-weight: bold"]Krisiun[/span]
phpBB Brasil
http://www.phpbbrasil.com.br
krisiun@phpbbrasil.com.br
Krisiun

Postby PostBot on Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:35 pm

On this website every style is downloadable in .zip and in .style format.
Users of premodded phpBB (like phpBB Plus) that all have this mod installed can easily export style in .style format on one forum and then import it on other forum.

Works many times faster than downloading/uploading with ftp. And with .style you are 100% sure that you won't mix up directory names and style would be uploaded correctly.
Do NOT pm me, I don't visit this forum anymore, don't own it, don't provide any support and don't moderate.
PostBot

Postby Krisiun on Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:09 pm

Ok, thank you. :wink:
[span style="color: red; font-weight: bold"]Krisiun[/span]
phpBB Brasil
http://www.phpbbrasil.com.br
krisiun@phpbbrasil.com.br
Krisiun

Postby baz-x on Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:05 pm

Are .style files in .gzip Format?
When working on my premodded phpBB I went through your files and found some functions that point in that way.
Regards
baz-x [blog] [website]
current projects:
» [span style="color: darkgreen"]Mex[/span] [span style="color: darkred"][ 75% ][/span]
» Nickpage Mod 2.0.0 ME [span style="color: red"][ paused ][/span]
» Style Demo Mod 1.2.2 ME [span style="color: red"][ paused ][/span]
baz-x

Postby PostBot on Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:44 pm

Yes, its similar to .tar.gz but with custom headers.
PostBot

Postby pcwfreak on Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:55 pm

I can't seem to find the .style file for Classic. Can you give me the link?
pcwfreak

Postby PostBot on Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:47 pm

I've added links to .style files in release thread: viewtopic.php?t=344
PostBot

Postby Matteo45 on Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:41 pm

Hi,

I would like to install mstrenches on my forum but it's not in .style format. I searched on the net for that format with no success.

I am using extreme styles. Is there any way of installing a file thats not in .style format, or create a .style file?

Anyway hope you guys can help me.

Thanks
Matteo45

Postby DooBDee on Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:44 pm

You dont have to install styles only with .style format with eXtreme Styles MOD. :) You can still use normal .zip format.
DooBDee
Website Ninja
DooBDee.net
DooBDee

Postby Matteo45 on Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:16 pm

It doesn't worh either...

Maybe the mod is wrong installed... The error message that opens tells me that the file may be invalid or incorrect format...

i would like to try in .style format...

can someone send me one?
Matteo45

Return to eXtreme Styles mod tutorials