Adding "No Follow" to links - using extreme styles

Tutorials for <a href="http://www.phpbbstyles.com/viewtopic.php?t=356">eXtreme Styles mod</a> for phpBB 2.0.

Moderator: Moderators

Adding "No Follow" to links - using extreme styles

Postby wfernley on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:31 pm

Hey everyone,

I want to add a "no follow to my links in my forums do to spam. I would also like to add an urchin tracker to track urls going out from my forums.

I heard you are suppose to edit bbcode.tpl to do this. I did do that but it still does not show up in the links in posts on my forums. I am using eXtreme Styles so I'm not sure if that is causing the problem.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Wes
Wes
wfernley

Postby UseLess on Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:42 pm

Greetings,

You need to edit 'overall_header.tpl' for the default style on your forum, and NOT 'bbcode.tpl'
Movie Quote:
It's not the years honey, it's the mileage...

I do not provide any install services for phpBB, Mods or Styles.
Please do not pm me for support/scripting help - you won't get any reply. If you have a question then make a post in the appropriate forum.
UseLess

Postby wfernley on Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:51 pm

Thank you for your reply!

Can you specify where in the overall_header.tpl I edit to add "no follow" to each url in posts? I cannot find the line to edit.

Thank you again!
Wes
wfernley

Postby wfernley on Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:08 am

Thank you johnkaboom!

I edited the bbcode.tpl but it didn't update the links, I will try updating the bbcode.php file tomorrow and seeing if that fixes the issue.

I added the urchin code to the overall_footer.tpl along with some other tracking code I use.

Thanks again!

Wes
Wes
wfernley

Postby Stryker on Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:20 am

overall_header.tpl not footer !!!
Stryker

Postby johnkaboom on Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:13 pm

Yes it will work in overall_footer.tpl i guess but i use it in overall_header.tpl
johnkaboom

Postby wfernley on Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:06 pm

Thank you johnkaboom. Now my posts display the urchin tracker and a nofollow.

The urchin tracker I speak of is this: onClick=\"javascript:urchinTracker ('/forum_outgoing/');\"

It is a way you can track users clicking external links. This will track users clicking links in my forum posts.

I am also using the main tracking code in the overall_footer.tpl and its working fine. I don't think it matters if its in the header or footer.

Thanks again!
Wes
wfernley

Re: Adding "No Follow" to links - using extreme styles

Postby solidsnake on Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:37 am

hey johnkaboom,

I changed the template file from the ACP, under templates (bbcode.html.tpl). I've also changed the bbcode.php as shown from the includes folder. For some reason it is having no effect. I'm seeing no nofollows in my links on the posts. Do I actually need to refresh the template? When I hit refresh it gives me the following message:
"Are you sure you wish to refresh all template data in the database with the contents of the template files on the filesystem? This will overwrite all modifications which have been carried out with the template editor while the template was stored in the database."

I don't want to do this unless I'm certain that I need to to refresh the template. Please advise me on what I should do and why it's not working.

Thanks,
solidsnake

Return to eXtreme Styles mod tutorials