HUGE problem - cleared/compiled cache - forum gone. BUT...

Tutorials for <a href="http://www.phpbbstyles.com/viewtopic.php?t=356">eXtreme Styles mod</a> for phpBB 2.0.

Moderator: Moderators

HUGE problem - cleared/compiled cache - forum gone. BUT...

Postby jemoore on Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:56 am

I know my host is having disk space problems, because I wasn't getting emails and they indicated this was the problem, and I had the bright idea several hours ago to clear my extreme styles cache, and then I lost access to my forum altogether (as did my users - 20+ were online at the time, and I have almost 1,000 members, so ARGH!!!!!!!). Now I can't get to my forum admin panel to do/check anything, try another cache clearing/compiling, or what. But I do still have FTP access into my site, and I did see a bunch of 0KB files in my forum/cache folder - so I manually deleted all the files in that folder (after downloading them, to be safe), and still nothing. My forum is at http://forum.christiansongwriters.org if you want to see what I mean (it just shows a completely blank page that says done). Can someone PLEASE help??????

Thanks so much,
James
jemoore

Postby Disturbed One on Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:15 pm

Hello,

Does your host make daily/weekly backups?
Have you tried uploading those backups?
High Velocity Media - Accelerated Internet Solutions
http://hvmdesign.com | contact[at]hvmdesign[dot]com
Disturbed One

Postby jemoore on Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:44 pm

Um....no, don't think so. :(

Any other ideas?

James
jemoore

Postby jemoore on Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:00 pm

OK, I tried to directly run the XS uninstall, and that won't work (like most everything else). What files were affected when I cleared and compiled the XS cache? Is it just the template files??? And, shouldn't emptying the cache folder clear up any file corruption issues? Or is there a key elsewhere that keeps up with what should be in the cache, and if so - how do I manipulate that?

Thanks so much for any help!
James
jemoore

Postby JayWatcham on Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:31 pm

Who is your host?

I am an admin of a free host so I probably know the company.
JayWatcham

Postby jemoore on Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:55 pm

The company's RoutHost - and up until just a couple of days ago, their service rocked. Dunno what happened. But, now I'm getting a different error (the standard mySQL cannot connect to the database error), so I'm hoping they're doing something (that will help).

Thanks,
James
jemoore

Postby JayWatcham on Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:00 pm

I've just found out this from your host ...

http://www.routhost.com/info/features/f7.php

They DO do backups - Just submit a support ticket (thats if your host does that, they should do) and they will give you a backup.
JayWatcham

Postby jemoore on Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:43 pm

UGGG.....

Hello,

Please note that we have only the daily backup.We have restored the forum from the daily backup but it seems io be not working.Please let us know if you have any bakup of your forum.Please feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Charles
Support Team

Any other ideas???

Thanks,
James
jemoore

Postby jemoore on Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:11 pm

OK, getting smarter, maybe, on what's going on...my shoutbox_max.php loads OK in Firefox, like it did before, EXCEPT, the template/formatting is all plain. Like my templates are just messed up. Could this be why my forum index isn't loading, due to templates or bbcode or something??? Does this help the troubleshooting any??? I'm in the process of backing up the hosed forum via FTP, once it's done, a friend of mine who is real smart on phpBB (but not XS) suggested I upload plain vanilla templates. Does this make sense to you XS smart folks?

Thanks so much,
James
jemoore

Postby JayWatcham on Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:16 pm

Hi, well when I look at your forum - I see nothing - a blank, white screen.

It may be worth asking the host for the backup of TWO DAYS before if they say it doesnt work or ask them for the phpBB (MySQL) backup and just re-installing your forum via FTP - maybe another person here can help or you may try phpBB.com

Sorry I didnt get your problem solved.
JayWatcham

Postby jemoore on Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:15 am

Just wanted to let you guys know apparently my template files were corrupted - something to do with my host's low drive space and my playing with the XS cache, I'm guessing....anywho, my site's back up - yippee!!! Still working through some issues with my host, but no more white screen!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
James
jemoore

Return to eXtreme Styles mod tutorials