If your getting this error;
phpBB : Critical Error
Could not connect to the database
Then either of the following may be true;
1. The database connection information in 'config.php' is wrong.
2. The database service on the server is not running.
Check the information in 'config.php' and make sure the file contains;
- Code: Select all
// phpBB 2.x auto-generated config file
// Do not change anything in this file!
$dbms = 'mysql';
$dbhost = 'localhost';
$dbname = '<name of database>';
$dbuser = '<name of user>';
$dbpasswd = '<user password>';
$table_prefix = 'phpbb_';
- '$dbms' is the database type your using, usually 'mysql'.
- '$dbhost is the host where the database server is, usually 'localhost'
- '$dbname' is the name of the database
- '$dbuser' is your username for the account
- '$dbpasswd' is the password for your account
- '$table_prefix' is the prefix applied to the table names, this can be altered if you wish to run more than one forum from a single database.
If the information in the file is correct then possibly the database service on the server is no longer running, if this is the case then you will need to contact your host in order to get them to restart the service.